IMITHETHO YEMPILO: Life Laws
1. Hlonipha abazali bakho, umphakathi nababusi.
(i) Respect parents, community and rulers.
2. Hlala umamatheka ngaso sonke isikhathi.
(ii) Always have a smile in your face.
3. Hlala njalo uhlanzekile.
(iii) Always be clean and neat.
4. Hlonipha amasiko nenkolo yakini, kungokwakho.
(iv) Respect your culture and religion, it is your heritage.
5. Uma uphiwa, unikwa, noma wenzelwa, bonga.
(v) When given something or helped in anyway, give thanks.
6. Uma ufuna ukwenzelwa okuthize, cela ngesizotha.
(vi) I you want something done for you, ask politely.
7. Uma ubolekile, buyisela.
(vii) If you borrowed something, always remember to return.
8. Uma ungcolisile, hlanza.
(viii) If you made dirty, clean.
9. Uma wenze isethembiso, sigcine.
(ix) If you made a promise, keep it.
10. Uma uvulile, vala.
(x) If you openned something, close again.
11. Uma uhlukunyezwa, zivikele.
(xi) If abused, protect yourself.
12. Funda izingcwadi, uzothola ulwazi.
(xii) Read books, you will gain knowledge.
13. Yiba usizo ekhaya nase mphakathini.
(xiii) Be useful at home and in the community.
14. Uma usukhulile, gana noma uganwe.
(xiv) When old enough marry or get married.
15. Yakhela izingane zakho ikhaya futhi uzondle.
(xv) Build a home for your children and support them.
16. Fundisa izingane ziyokwazi ukuzimela ngomuso.
(xvi) Help your children with tertiary education, so that they will be independent in future.
17. Uma sezikhulile izingane zakho zivumele ziphume zakhe imizi yazo, zizimele.
(xvii) If your children are old enough, allow them to be independent and have their own homes.
18. Yabela izingane imisebenzi ezilingene.
(xviii) Share home duties among your children.
19. Yiba omnene nonesizotha.
(xix) Be respectful and dignified.
20. Vikela umndeni nezingane zakho.
(xx) Protect the family and your children.
21. Ungebi, ungathakathi, ungahlebi, ungabi nenzondo namagqubu.
(xxi) Don’t steal, whisper or hold grudges.
22. Ungabi nomona.
(xxii) Don’t be jealous.
23. Ungazithatheli into unganikwanga.
(xxiii) Don’t take anything without owner’s permission.
24. Ungabi ngumkhohlisi nonamanga.
(xxiv) Don’t be a deceiver and a liar.
25. Ungaphingi, kwehlisa isithunzi kwandise nezifo.
(xxv) Never phonicate’ you will lose your dignity and spread disease.
26. Ungahlanganyeli ebuhlobeni bobulili obuphikisana nemvelo.
(xxvi) Never engage in any unnatural sexual practices.
27. Ungathandi impi nodlame, uyochithwa.
(xxvii) Avoid war and violence lest you be destroyed.
28. Ungasongeli omunye umuntu
(xxviii) Never threten anyone with violence.
29. Kholwa ku Mdali, ngokuba ukhona.
(xxix) Believe in God, he does exist.
30. Yenza kwabanye lokho ongathanda kwenzeke kuwe.
(xxx) Do unto others what you would like done unto you.
Lena yiyo imithetho eyisisekelo sempilo.
These are the basic laws of life.
By Stanley Mondle Mbatha
(AHS Universal Head)