Why do we study history?
1. It is interesting,
2. It explains who we are and how we got this way,
3. With luck we may learn from the past but;
4. The discovery of history is always an exhausting project, part adventure, part ordeal-because the past is shrouded in its own secrets of time, place, belief, motivation and personality.
5. We may find out there were destructive wars, but, are we prepared to face its effects? do we grasp how murderous were these wars?
6. If we know, are we ready to forgive and forget.
7. The aim of this site is to learn from the past and make sure we don’t repeat the old mistakes…the most of all…to learn to forgive and face the future with dignity.
YINI SIFUNDA UMLANDO?
2. Uyasichaza ukuthi singobani futhi sifike kanjani lapho sikhona,
3. Ngenhlanhla singafunda kuwo, kodwa…
4. Ukwazi umlando kunzima futhi kunobuhlunge-ngoba kunezimfihlo zakhona,
5. Singathola ukuthi kwakunezimpi ezacekela phansi impilo namalungelo abanye. Ingabe sizimisele ukwazi, uma sesazi ingabe sizimisele ukuxola?
6. Inhloso yale nkundla ukuthi sifunde ezintweni zakudala, sixolele, singaphindi lawo maphutha, bese sibheka phambili ngokuziqhenya.
Stanley Mondle Mpikiswano Mbatha